On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 18:39 -0800, Octavio Alvarez wrote:
If you have a paragraph with some formatted text (bold, italic etc), put
the cursor inside the paragraph and press the Bullet list or the
Numbered list buttons, all the formatting is lost and goes back to
"normal" (is it called roman?). The
-character style and
-size is left untouched, just bold and italics disappear.
-Underline survives.
Is this on Writer?
Yes it was

Assuming it is:

Tried this on LibreOffice master branch on Debian Sid, and couldn't
reproduce.

Tried this on packaged OpenOffice.org from Debian Sid, and couldn't
reproduce.
OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Debian package 1:3.2.1-10

I just tried it as described, directly on a new document. Is any other
parameter or changed needed before that to reproduce the problem?
Yep I tried on a new document, too, and it seems ok. Should have written
down what document I was playing with, but I didn't and now sadly I
can't remember. Since I write quite a lot of documents the history is
long gone...

I'll get back to this if it ever turns out a problem again. I suspect
this was some old document, but just can't reproduce it myself for the
moment.

Arno