Hi Baptiste,

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 18:49 +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
Here are the first patch for freebsd support :

        Great; thanks pushed them all.

Of course those patches are in any license you want that best fits your needs :)

        I'll take that as LGPLv3+/MPL ;-)

The other patch are not included as they need more work, and I don't
know how to integrate them cleanly.

        Thanks.

For example using bsdtar (libarchive) instead of GNU tar perfectly
works to may be there should be a test in configure.in to allow bsdtar
as well as gnu tar

        Riight - so, perhaps we should have two binaries we can use, and detect
bsdtar and use that only if we don't have gnu tar.

Another patch is that build/libreoffice/oox/util/makefile.mk needs to
link to -lcrypto on freebsd. Don't know how to integrate that cleanly

        That is odd indeed. I would expect that should live in
solenv/inc/libs.mk - which also mentions -lcrypto.

building with java bring a problem apache-commons/java/*/makefile.mk
because the ANT_OPT line fails with our openjdk6 or our version of
ant, don't know. It leads to a class def not found exception,
searching -Dencoding... in classpath

        Nasty :-)

commenting out the ANT_OPT line fix the problem.

        Again - I suspect we'll need to do some more top to bottom work to
detect and adapt to these things.

        Its a great start though; thanks !

        All the best,

                Michael.