On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 6:05 PM, David Dumaresq <dfdumaresq@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Christian, et al,

On 2011-01-24, at 7:00 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

Hi David, *,

On 2011-01-23, at 7:28 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387@gmail.com> wrote:
[…]
[1] You don't need /any/ external dependency unless you want to
compile mozilla/seamonkey from scratch (i.e. when not using
--disable-mozilla).

Then you /need/: libIDL and glib2 and gettext (and pkg-config for convenience).

All the other stuff is useless and not needed at all.

But you should get ccache as well, to speed up subsequent builds
(http://ccache.samba.org)

So what you're saying is, if my goal is to develop for libreOffice on OSX, I don't need any of
the dependencies mentioned above.

Exactly. You only need XCode with the 10.4u SDK when using --disable-mozilla

Unless you want to hack on document signing, ldap access or mozilla
address book integration, you don't need mozilla.

ciao
Christian

After removing & cleaning up the macport packages (coreutils, etc), I installed git and
downloaded the source and attempt to run ./autogen.sh

./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh: /usr/local/bin/aclocal: /opt/local/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or
directory

I'm not sure what believes perl is in /opt/local/bin? On my system (osx 10.6.6), perl is in
/usr/bin

I have since created a sym link and autogen runs, but I wonder if you have any ideas about this?

Could it be that you had a perl pulled in via macport, and you removed
it but it was still in the shell hash table ?
iow: if you remove the link, open a brand new terminal windows and run
autogen.sh there, do you still have the problem ?

other possibility. when you use ./autogen.sh, without any parameters,
it'll try to re-use the parameters you use during the last autogen.sh
(see autogen.lastrun)
if you want to make sure that you run an autogen without any parameter you need
./autogen.sh --
or rm autogen.lastrun  then  autogen.sh
if your previous autogen.sh run contained --with-perl-home= you would
pick it up again...

Norbert

Thanks,
Dave