On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 09:03 -0500, drew wrote:
Hi,

Are those URLs stored in a configuration file that can then simply be
updated?

Ok - found it:

main.xcd - extensions and templates
brand.xcd - dictionaries

In case anyone wonders why (doubtful..*smile*).

Looking at a few school districts that are currently using OO.o I have
found that some of them have opted to run their own sites for acceptable
extensions / clipart / templates. I have heard also of a firm in Japan
that is doing the same for extensions and templates.

This gave me an idea to possibly create a distribution, not of just the
office suite but of a small business server (SBS), targeted to document
production use and expecting LibreOffice on the client machines. One of
the ideas I had was to make it possible for the SBS to offer the option
of supporting these internal repositories, right out of the box more or
less, and in these cases a simple way to have the LibO clients in the
organization point to these internal repos.

Anyway - off for more fund and games with the SUSEStudio tool..

drew