Hi Lakmal,

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 02:32 +0530, lakmal padmakumara wrote:
I'm engaging in developing an extension(OXT) for writer
which allows users to

        Wow :-) there are some great features here - and lots of good work. I
love the effort you've put in :-)

        Personally - (as other people have mentioned) - I would love to have
much of this functionality integrated into every LibreOffice copy we
ship. We have a number of these features already present in the
'Picture' dialog in writer (crop, flip and so on) - but these are not
present in calc and draw/impress (as far as I recall) which is sad.

    * Download images to the app directly from Flickr.com

        This is sweet :-) there was a chunk of work done by a GSOC student,
that needs completing around the gallery - to allow clipart images to be
downloaded; and I suspect that this integration would build on top of
that really nicely: are you interested in helping to complete and expand
that work ?

You need Java Run Time (JRE) in order to use this product

        And of course; we'd tend to prefer things written in C++, and
integrated into the core (as has been discussed).

As this is my first step towards this wonderful and giant Open source
developing community ,I will be really glad if you can hit me back
with any feed backs .Please comment on the above pages mentioning any
drawbacks/bugs/improvements .

        So - first - be encouraged :-) it looks like a fun extension to have
written, and a testament to your progamming skill. Of course, from a
user-experience perspective, I think we want to focus on improving the
integrated feature set, rather than providing (better) duplicates
outside - having two ways to do everything: one better, one worse in the
product just confuses people :-)

        Thanks !

                Michael.