On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 08:16:55PM +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 00:43 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
Hi,

A build with --enable-debug (or is it --enable-dbgutil?) fails in
graphite... for a problem already corrected in graphite's
configure.ac, but its "configure" is outdated and thus the problem
still surfaces.

Ah, I see. So I've now added a patch into that graphite module to sync
the configure.ac logic into configure.

Before I got to the point of trying to disable -Werror (and
understanding why it was enabled in the first place), I fixed one of
the warnings. Patch attached, still does not hurt to apply janitorialy
:)

Well, we do occasionally patch those "external" modules, but try to
avoid it. The ideal place to send patches to graphite would be to the
upstream graphite project and poke them to release a new update at some
stage and then just upgrade to the latest graphite.

BTW, Graphite engine is being re-written into a more stable engine (the
current engine is crashy, or so I read), so it might be a good time to
consider switching over to the new engine.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny