Icecream allows you to spread the compile across multiple machines.

On 1/14/11 4:06 PM, Andy Brown wrote:
On Fri Jan 14 2011 01:03:13 GMT-0800 (PST)  Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Andy,

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 19:24 -0800, Andy Brown wrote:
I have been able to download and build the main branch for LibO. Could some kind soul tell me how, or point me to a wiki page, to build the deb packages so that I can install on another Ubuntu machine?

Great news :-) if you have lots of Linux machines, I hope you're using
icecream to harness that build horsepower for faster parallel builds.

I only have two Linux machines. One is quite a bit aged. I have no idea what icecream is but will look it up and see if it will work.

Anyhow - LibreOffice is quite an unusual package; a developer install
is entirely re-locatable; so if you have run:

    ooinstall <directory>

you should be able to just copy that directory to another location or
another machine, and it should just work :-) [ assuming you compiled on
the oldest (version wise) distribution ].

I will try that.

Of course; clean, distro packaging is a different matter, best to poke
Rene or Doko about that.

    HTH,

        Michael.

Maybe they will see this and drop me a note.

Greatly,
Andy