Hi Jos,

I really only replaced the implementation of the flat format filter with a lightweight version the
requires neither Java nor Xslt. I didn't  look at what the Odf specification says about flat XML,
so I can't tell you inhowfar the exported XML conforms to the spec. But in principle, the whole XML
filter infrastructure in LibO is internally based on some kind of flat XML structure, so there
shouldn't be anything missing from the documents.

The conversion back and forth is only insofar easy to share with other applications as LibO
provides an API to importing and exporting documents. The filters depend on the LibO XML filter
infrastructure an cannot be used independently of that.

The changes I made are currently on their way to the "master" branch and might become available
with LibO 3.4.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,

Peter