On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 11:27 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 19:56 +0100, Soeren Moeller wrote:
It is not an attachment as I used "git send-email"

      Heh - the kernel guys prefer in-line patches it seems; they find them
easier to review and comment on that way; personally - I don't care, its
easy enough to save a file as an mbox and throw it at either patch or
git-am ;-)

Ah ok.  Fair enough. ;-)

 but - worth pleasing Kohei of course.

Nah, I didn't mean to set a rule that all patches must be attachments.
Rather, I was just curious because his last patch was an attachment and
this one wasn't.

It's fine by me as long as I can save the email itself and 'git am'
works fine with that.  Let's be flexible.  I'm sure it's easier to just
run 'git send-mail' than sending a patch as an attachment which is an
extra step. :-)

(though that means I need to avoid using the attachment symbols to look
for incoming patches, but I can adopt.)

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc