Hi Jean,

On Wed, 2010-12-29 at 21:11 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
Jonas wrote:
Assuming someone cares to implement it... and you're are welcome to
step up to the plate :)
..
I strongly disagree : it is you who must not to destroy what is working
very well.

        Jean - this sort of adjective "destroy", is a shame to apply to some
wonderful work that will really help millions to edit formulae in a more
simple and effective way - for which we should be extremely grateful to
Jonas. It distresses me to see developers criticised for introducing
some minor bug or regression along with a huge improvement: which this
work is (even if you don't appreciate the added function) :-)

        The programming problem of fixing the cursor / selection is not a very
difficult one - however, if we apply (perhaps accidentally) harsh words
to the problem instead of encouraging and trying to help out: filing
bugs / updating the easy hacks wiki etc. as suggested: there is a danger
that we end up with no developer volunteers :-)

        Anyhow - it seems like this change should be tractible even to a very
beginner coder; do you have a build you can play with - and perhaps you
can help be part of the solution ? :-) I can give you some code pointers
- indeed, I thought that I had addressed an issue like this as/when I
merged this. Grab me (mmeeks) on IRC and I'll help you get setup.

        ATB,

                Michael.