Hi Norbert,

On 2010-12-21 at 03:01 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

but maybe you should check if there is not a '&' already on the
command line (a caller of this function may already have a '&'
appended to his command line and may have used the 'magic number 42'
as a flags that prevented the escape step (see line 266))

Good point - actually, the easiest / best might be to enclose the entire
call into '(' and ')', and add '&' to that?  Ie. it'd result into
'( firefox something ) &'.  Any objections?

[Also, I think I know why anybody else cannot reproduce it - don't have
the DESKTOP_LAUNCH set in the env where I was seeing the problem.]

Regards,
Kendy