I wonder what the rationale for the intrusive "help packages" change between
rc1 and rc2 is. Without any review apparently (no Signed-Off here). Didn't we have
a strict policy for that in place for libreoffice-3-3?

I can understand the desire of some people to not include the help in what they
ship (and use on-line help instead) - and that was agreed on from the start - but it
should be possible (and default!) to *do* ship them and right now make install will not
install any of the new gid_Helppkg_*... On Linux. Uptodate git (libreoffice-3-3)

(And if there's no help to be shipped per default the build of helpcontent2 probably
should be disabled, too as that would be just a waste of hours then.)

Why the change of the gid_*'s anyway? Wasn't it possible to reuse the old ones for
what needed to be done?

The following happening this night in #libreoffice doesn't make me confident either :(

01:08 <@_rene_> Fridrich: the installer doesn't install the new gid here?
01:08 <@_rene_> Fridrich: how am I supposed to install with help? per default?
01:08 <@_rene_> Fridrich: and why are such intrusive changes done between rc1 and rc2?
01:08 <@Fridrich> _rene_: it is not finished, my eyes are going all around the place from that perl
monster
01:09 <@Fridrich> _rene_: because we did not do for rc1 lack of time
01:09 <@_rene_> and why didn't we then push something working after it was working? sigh.
01:09 <@Fridrich> _rene_: fsck because
01:11 <@_rene_> and "we did not do for rc1 lack of time" is not a reason, sorry. with that
reasoning you can push every change you want...
01:11 <@Fridrich> fsck u
01:12 -!- Fridrich [~fridrich@166-249.198-178.cust.bluewin.ch] has quit [Quit: Leaving.]

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70