Hi Rene,

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 00:27 +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:13:28PM +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
Version 2.0 has been out there for quite some time, 2.0.1 is well on the way and as the
website
states, the new version is much improved on various ends.

The problem is that the file format upstream encodes the version. Even 1.8.0 vs.
1.8.1 breaks. Need to dig out the issue/mails wrt that...

        Oh - this is an extremely good point.

So 2.0 will even more break... (Besides that it probably will need many
adaptions)

        Quite - and since we store the data in the file itself; we have this
horrible forwards/backwards compat. problem wrt. versions always. [ This
is why I'd love a flat, std. SQL dump in the file personally ;-) ]

        So - sticking with a working version, and trying to deprecate that
thing as quick as possible seems like a better approach (IMHO). Of
course - we also rather need a datbase migration GUI (as I mentioned to
Wols) - in particular for MS Access databases.

        HTH,

                Michael.