On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 07:43 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Kohei Yoshida <kyoshida@novell.com> wrote:
Hi Takeshi,

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 18:36 +0900, Takeshi Abe wrote:
Hi Kohei,

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:28:34 -0500, Kohei Yoshida <kyoshida@novell.com> wrote:
I'd like to port a patch to the libreoffice-3-3 branch to ignore
preceding and trailing spaces in cells during csv import.  The change is
already committed on master, and the attached is the total difference
against the current libreoffice-3-3 branch.  The change on master
consists of several commits.
(snip)
will be imported as three number cells.  Currently, Calc imports number
cells as strings in presence of spaces before or after the number.
Great, I would like this stuff for 3.3!

Me too. :-)  But someone has to sign off of this for 3.3 before I can
safely port it.

BTW why not check also horizontal tab '\t' or others of the isspace(3) family?

Good suggestion.  But for 3.3 we probably want to play it safe (i.e.
minimal change).  For example, tabs can be used as separators in which
case they have already been separated out.  Line break characters can be
used when a cell contains manual breaks, even in csv files.  So, we
don't want to skip those.

In that spirit (and I haven't look at the code), I attract you
attention to the fact that in some locale, comma is the decimal
separator, which brings a lot of fun in comma separated list.

Yes, the existing code already takes care of that.  So that's a
non-issue.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc