Jean has modified http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Release_Criteria
and increased the number of days for reporting blocker bugs from 7 to
10.

He says that they need to do the complete WE inside the period,
see http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Talk:Release_Criteria

Heh, what is "WE"? :-)

OOo has only 5 days, see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Release_criteria#Stopper_issues
How is it there with building and approving the national builds?

Michael thought that 7 days were too much, see
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2010-November/003498.html

Jean and Michael already discussed this matter, see
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2010-November/003505.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2010-November/003600.html

My opinion is that 10 days might make sense for the first release
candidate but it is too much for the next release candidates. Otherwise,
we would do only 2 release candidates during one month and the release
would be newerending story.

Note that we have more strict rules for changes during the rc phase, see
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development#Hack_and_commit_on_a_stable_branch

Also I think that it does not make sense that every national team would
do the whole testing. IMHO, 95% of the functionality is language
independent, so most of the testing can be shared and distributed.

I propose to go back and use 7 days for rc2.

What do you think?

Best Regards,
Petr