Title: Escritorio Virtual Scinergy
Re: [Libreoffice] Easter eggs, was: Re: Comments on RC1
Mensagem
Remetente: Olivier Hallot <olivier_hallot_tdf@scinergy.com.br>
Mensagem:
michael.meeks@novell.com wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 10:56 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 07:51 -0200, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> > > While we are here, I am happy to know we will one day remove our LO
> > > easter eggs.
> >
> > Kill-joy.
>
> :-) agreed. The main problem, that I've seen with "easter eggs" is that
> they have come to mean "security bugs" or "back doors" or "trojan
> horses" in the literature. Perhaps we need to call them "embedded
> interactivity extensions" which might be less frightning ;-)

Exactly. No better wording for an enterprise IT security dept. POV. However they
don't have that sense humour at all. :-)

> Presumably perhaps teachers are unhappy to find their kids playing
> space-invade rs instead of using calc - but then again, the embedded
> games were -so- bad, I can't imagine anyone getting that addicted :-)
>
> Anyhow, as you say they are sadly gone I think,

So bad that we should get rid of it.

> Olivier - what is the real problem with them out of interest ?

Take this: "the other proprietary suite" already cleaned it. Plus, LibreOffice
can say "we cleaned our code, we are in good shape for the enterprise. How
about OOo?"...

Kind regards,
--
Olivier Hallot