(and now I apologise for following up my own mail ;)

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 11:32 +0000, Alex Hudson wrote:
I haven't looked at a huge amount of the installer, but it might be that
internally using strings less and data structures more could be used to
speed it up a fair bit: having a look around, there's a long of string
building and stuff going on and it's not really clear that's usually a
win.

Digging in installer::converter a bit, it looks like a lot of that ought
to be ripped out (I mean, convert_array_to_space_separated_string() - my
gosh). Given the amount of code that looks quite slow, the cumulative
effect of getting rid might be quite good.

Maybe it would be worth breaking down the Easy Hacks thing for the
installer into separate jobs like this?

Ta

Alex.

--
This message was scanned by Better Hosted and is believed to be clean.
http://www.betterhosted.com