On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@novell.com> wrote:
Hi there,

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 20:26 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
in the next few minutes

       So - a quick reminder, the new wiki page is at:

       http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build

       And migration is not quite as simple as all that; however - if you have
a live checkout / build of build/ here is my recipie for quick migration
(without re-checkout):

The migration step, are meant to be done by ./download (see function
source_file_bootstrap())  of the build-repo, which need to be
regenerated from download.in,

hence  the section
******** Attention *******
If you have an existing setup, _when_ the changes are pushed to master
and you pull them for the first time, you _HAVE_ to re-do your
autogen.sh and ./download step.
These have been modified to detect the situation where you still have
the old directory setup and convert it automatically during the
./download step.
Failure to do so will use outdated version of ./configure ./download
and other support scripts, which is guarantee to end poorly.
********
 in the post I made describing the up-comming changes

Note the the links in ./bootstrap/ are generated during  ./g clone or ./g pull.
(./bin/g now redirect to ./bootstrap/g)

they can also be regenerated with:

cd bootstrap
./bin/create_bootstrap_links

       cd build/
       mv clone/bootstrap ..
       mv src ../bootstrap

Yep, I haven't taken into account the src directory... Missed that one, sorry.

       rm clone/repos_updated clone/commits.log
       cp config.log ../bootstrap
       mv clone ../bootstrap

       # now re-configure
       cd ../bootstrap
       ./autogen.sh # should re-use args from your old config.log
       g pull # this should create the symlinks you are missing
       make # and hope ...

       HTH,

               Michael.

--