Hi John,

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 01:35 -0800, John LeMoyne Castle wrote:
Nothing says 'run away' like mangling the money numbers.

        :-)

The attached CurTestODS.ods spreadsheet Basic program CurTestRunAll
demonstrates the errors from the old implementation:
  --  flagrantly wrong values from string inputs
  --  hugely wrong values from MDAS calculation

        Wow - it would be just wonderful to turn that into some run-time unit
test, that we can automatically execute during the build :-)

        Did you see the sc/qa/unit/ code for fiddling with calc ? I suppose we
could use a simpler CppUnit unit test (hopefully without the UNO mess)
inside basic/ ? If we have the skeleton there, it gives much more
confidence for re-factoring I think.

All of the PostFix result sheets show a great reduction in the number of
errors over Beta3 when the new implementation is used.

        This is really great work; looking forward to Noel's review.

I thought this would be easy - and it was easy and fun - it was
just a real Big Easy...

        That's just great :-)

        Thanks !

                Michael.