Hi Norbert,

On 2010-11-27 at 18:50 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

18:25:23 shm_get kendy: I pushed a new branch: merging the work we did
on your branch + stuff the integrate with the build repo
18:26:18 shm_get kendy: we I did not feel confident enough to push
directly to master... there are few migration path... not all
tested... and mishap on master would have crippled everybody for good
:-)
18:26:51 shm_get kendy: branche name: feature/bootstrap-build
18:27:31 shm_get s/branche/branch/ (forgive my franglish :-) )

:-)  Thank you!

I did some minor tweaks there, to exit 1 if post_download is not
created, or if it fails, but works great :-)

18:30:45 shm_get kendy: I still have to find a trick to trigger the
display of a message telling people that they HAVE to augogen/download
after the git pull that will bring these changes
18:34:03 shm_get kendy: the idea is: in the build/download -> if clone
is here but not bootstrap => move clone/bootstrap to bootstrap and
clone to bootstrap/clone, then call a script that create the missing
link in bootstrap. if clone is not there (fresh clone of build) clone
bootstrap in bootstrap and then call bootstrap/g clone. either way
after that rawbuild = bootstrap

So you propose to rename rawbuild to bootstrap, when the build-based
method is used, right?  As only the distro maintainers are the potential
users for this, I am taking this to the ML; but I suppose nobody is
going to be against that ;-)

Thank you,
Kendy