On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 04:18:46 +0100, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
In case you are interested to try to build without the 'build' repo (the
rawbuild/ way), you can try to get the feature/rip-build-repo branch
which I hope is going to become the 'official' way of building soon ;-)

Very cool, I look forward to switching to this very soon, to get one
canonical way of building.

Personally, I would be very much in favor of doing ./g clone and
./download automatically if they haven't been done, as part of the make.

This is the sequence that I intuitively (naively?) expect to work:
./autogen
./make
./make check
./make install

We can always have a --disable-downloads switch that one can turn on if
he wants a true ofline mode.

Sebastian

P.S. I don't like to clutter top-level dirs and would be in favor of
keeping it as bin/g, but that's a minor issue.