On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 01:15:29PM +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
I'm totally in favour of this, especially as I know we fixed bugs in the
Linux x86_64 uno bridge, and I strongly doubt those fixes got merged
into the similar bridges.

That's true, there are differences between the two.

wiz: Does this build and work for you ?

I haven't seen a complete build yet (last failure, without java, was
in bridge testtools).

I'll test if I get as far as before (or perhaps even further :) ) and
let you know.

One thing though: there are some checks for FreeBSD version like:

+#if __FreeBSD_version < 602103
+    : m_hApp( dlopen( 0, RTLD_NOW | RTLD_GLOBAL ) )
+#else
     : m_hApp( dlopen( 0, RTLD_LAZY ) )
+#endif

a) does this work as intended on Linux? I think __FreeBSD_version not
defined, Linux might fall into the if-case instead of the else as now,
so we probably have to reverse this test. (The attached test case on
NetBSD falls into #if, not #else.)
b) FreeBSD have changed the version to 702104, we should pull that in
with this change.

Cheers,
 Thomas
#if __FreeBSD_version < 50000