Hi Andrew,

On 2010-11-01 at 18:52 +0000, Andrew wrote:

A good thing to base our icon and artwork structure on, is the Tango
Icon Naming Spec
(http://tango.freedesktop.org/Standard_Icon_Naming_Specification). It
solves all of the issues above, however the Tango Icon Naming Spec is
too small for LibreOffice and so we would have to extend the spec.

Nice summary, thank you!

== Examples ==
      = Icons In Tango Spec =
              New File
              lc_newdoc.png,lch_newdoc.png
              actions/*/document-new.png

              Save
              lc05505.png,lc_save.png,lchsave.png
              actions/*/document-save.png

              Save As
              lc05508.png,lc_saveas.png,lchsaveas.png
              actions/*/document-save-as.png

              Document Properties
              lc_setdocumentproperties.png,
              lch_setdocumentproperties.png
              actions/*/document-properties.png

              Page Setup
              lc_printersetup.png,lch_printersetup.png
              actions/*/document-page-setup.png

      = Icons in LibO Extended Spec =
              Close
              lc_closedoc.png,lch_closedoc.png
              actions/*/document-close.png

              Export
              lc_exportto.png,lch_exportto.png
              actions/*/document-close.png

              Repeat
              lc_repeat.png,lch_repeat.png
              actions/*/edit-repeat.png

              Insert Plugin
              lc_insertplugin.png,lch_insertplugin.png
              actions/*/insert-plugin.png

              Gallery
              lc_gallery.png,lch_gallery.png
              actions/*/tools-gallery.png

Any comments?

The best would be to collect this to a singe CSV file, like:

Action,Tango spec,LibreOffice,LibreOffice alternative

New File,document-new.png,lc_newdoc.png
Save,document-save.png,lc_save.png,lc05505.png
Save As,document-save-as.png,lc_saveas.png,lc05508.png
Document Properties,document-properties.png,lc_setdocumentproperties.png
Page Setup,document-page-setup.png,lc_printersetup.png

Close,document-close.png,lc_closedoc.png
Export,document-close.png,lc_exportto.png
Repeat,edit-repeat.png,lc_repeat.png
Insert Plugin,insert-plugin.png,lc_insertplugin.png
Gallery,tools-gallery.png,lc_gallery.png

This way we can easily feed a script with these, so that we rename them
in the repository to follow the spec.  As the first step, I'd still let
there the lc_ prefix, but as soon as the Easy Hack to treat the
Hi-contrast icons as a separate icon theme is finished, we can do even
more magic here :-)

BTW - you do not have to do the lch_, sc_, or sch_ separately, the
prefix means size (l == large, s == small), 'c' - I don't know ;-), and
'h' means hi-contrast.  So in fact, it is enough to do that for the lc_
images, the rest can be generated.

Thank you,
Kendy