On 28/10/10 10:49, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Wols Lists wrote:
As far as I can see, <loroot>/build doesn't actually use enable-java,
but it does use with-java. <loroot>/build/libreoffice... makes extensive
use of with-java and no sign of enable-java.

The comment implies that it was only meant to have an impact on --help,
anyway, and moving it to a "with" should be the same.

Hi,

yeah, I think making that more coherent makes perfect sense - though
I'd suggest shelving this patch for a few more days, when 3.3 has
branched off - and then getting rid of enable-java at the same time
(these "todo when <XY>" have a tendency to stay around ;))

Cheers,

-- Thorsten
Okay, I'll resubmit then.

I've also worked out why the gtk/kde stuff was so naff. OOO_WIDGET_FLAGS
sets kde as enabled without checking if it's there or not. I *was* going
to fix that last night, but I needed access to the web docu and my
internet was down :-(

I'm going to work out how to check for them, and if they don't exist
they won't get set in widget-flags (if they do exist, they will). It
might cause distro packagers a few headaches, but no more than the
current screw-up of enabling kde by default. Then when we actually get
rid of that top-level configure, we can sort the mess out properly.

I've found a gentoo web-page about "auto-magic" dependencies - next time
I update the development page on the wiki I'll add a link as it seems to
be somewhat appropriate to the current mess :-)

Cheers,
Wol