Hi Norbert,

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 21:40 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
After a heroic review by kendy, the vos-removal branch has been merged
into master and is being pushed as I type :-)

        Congratulations ! great work.

- there are a bunch of xml file related to uno service description
that still mention vos as a dependencies. this need to be fixed.

        UNO service files are not really used, and are primarily cosmetic
AFAIR, so - I would just remove the vos dependencies, particularly if
that is all in sal now.

        Just wondering what your next target is ;-) we have a number of
interesting things that need doing ;-) an example is a blocker for
release [ we will be feature freezing on Friday ]. For historical
reasons, we have a BrOffice brand in the LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8 locale - and
we adapt our splash for that now. It would be great if we could also
isolate and tweak our %PRODUCTNAME key for these locales too.

        That is fetched variously (no doubt in tangled ways) from things like:
unotools/source/config/configmgr.cxx /PRODUCTNAME/ - and then used in
lots of places - it seems that resource strings have %PRODUCTNAME
auto-magically substituted.

        Sooo ... if configured with --enable-broffice, and in this locale, we
really need to hard-code a switch of product name to BrOffice ;-) - it
takes time, stickability, testing, and is on the critical path for
getting 3.3 (with everyone's improvements) out :-)

        Are you interested ?

        Many thanks,

                Michael.