On 24 October 2010 13:04, Caolán McNamara <caolanm@redhat.com> wrote:
The "binfilter" is the filter which is used to import and export the old
StarOffice binary formats, it was created by trying to strip down old
copies of sw/sc/starmath etc. to the minimum required to load/save those
formats and convert them to the ODF format.

As such its a fairly unloved code base, there's one school of thought to
delete it entirely ;-), and another to try and munge it out of
LibreOffice to be a separately buildable extension that can be quietly
forgotten about. Either way, there's more bang for your buck in looking
at the equivalent current sw/sc/starmath dirs for translations and
fixups.

Thanks Caolán for that info. I probably should have asked before
jumping in, it's just I found those dated comments in filters first
and started from there. Anyway I've got another patch I'd already done
but now I'll move to doing the equivalent files in sw, I'll just look
at it as practice!

Graeme