Any speed you can squeeze out of the install set builder would definitely be appreciated.

I agree fully. It is extremely exciting to see a new contributor attack the Perl code, welcome! One
thing that would be very useful is if you could actually write down what you learn about the Perl
code while you read it, in the form of comments added to the code, to help other people who read
the code (and yourself if/when you look at the code again in half a year...) Is your main platform
Windows or some Unix? Ideas to improve the building of the Windows installer in particular are most
welcome.

--tml