Caolan McNamara wrote:
sc/qa/unit had an existing cppunit test to ensure that calc can do
=SUM(A1:A2) correctly but it was currently disabled seeing as it didn't
work, mostly due to miserable bootstrapping problems. I've fixed that
test (I think), so I hope it can now provide a basis for adding more.
[...]

Hi Caolan -

interesting, cool that this is actually possible - I kinda evaded
the full-scale bootstrapping problem somehow, mostly doing
scaffolding for testing parts of app functionality. There are three
patches where I ended up with useful unit tests:

lobuild/patches/unittesting/unittesting-more-sw.diff
lobuild/patches/dev300/impress-autolayout.diff
lobuild/patches/dev300/sd_effects_styles.diff

The impress autolayout actually gets away w/o any uno setup; the
writer test fakes a uno.ini (see the makefile there) - I guess,
there's a fine line between trying to fake a ~whole office setup,
vs. testing exactly one class (and doing some scaffolding and/or
refactoring to really only test that one class) - for the former,
maybe the complextest framework is a closer fit?

So, one suggestion I have it to look at stripmining testtool and
try and start to *move* the calc tests out of the unreliable and
painful testtool and into hopefully reliable cppunit tests which
are run at buildtime

That would be a *very* useful end result.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten