 On 19/10/10 20:15, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Wols Lists <antlists@youngman.org.uk> wrote:
 On 19/10/10 19:57, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Anthony Youngman
<anthony@youngman.org.uk> wrote:
 On 18/10/10 23:34, René Kjellerup wrote:
I've build on gentle, I had to disable kde to do so "--enable-kde=no
--enable-kde4=no --without-junit"

When my default use settings are/were USE="-gtk -gnome" ?
We are not talking ebuild here are we ?
so USE flags are not really relevant...

If we are talking ebuild, then that's something to address with
who-ever is maintaining that ebuild...

No we're not talking ebuild ...

But asking me to disable kde when I'm running on a KDE system with no
Gnome isn't really a sensible request, imho ... the use flags actively
blocking gnome should indicate my opinion of it :-)
I agree. but that's a bug in the ebuild itself, there is nothing much
that can be done about that in the  libreoffice code base or in
libreoffice autogen.

If you your USE flags preclude kde, somehow the ebuild must pass
--disable-kde --disable-kde4 to the libreoffice autogen
If we're not talking ebuild, how can it be a bug in the ebuild?

It's just personal, I don't like Gnome, I run KDE, and I want my
libreoffice build to match my personal prejudices. I'm following the
instructions on the libreoffice website! -
http://www.documentfoundation.org/develop/

It's THOSE instructions that have blown up for me. And of course, they
don't mention gentoo in the trouble-shooting guide :-)

But, as someone who wants KDE, of course I'm going to be miffed when the
build blows up with "can't find qt". And when the response is "oh, just
disable it" I react! Anyways, surely either (a) it's a bug if the
libreoffice build system can't detect a qt install, or (b) it's a bug if
libreoffice wants qt available but doesn't use it. Either way, the
problem IS somewhere in the libreoffice code base or autogen.

And if  I knew what I was looking for I'd happily try and fix it :-)

Cheers,
Wol