Hi guys,

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 09:31 +0200, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
 * Change the rawbuild/configure.in to have the defaults matching the
options defined in distros-config/LibreOfficeLinux.conf.in

What about Mac? What about Windows?

Hum... You're right! Any better idea to have something smooth very
everyone?

        Soo ... I think we can cope with a slightly different flow for mac and
windows (at some level this is inevitable).

        * personally I'd love to get rid of 'build' - it just adds
          confusion, and possible loss in my view.

        Can we not make 'unpack' do one of two things:

        On Windows [ and Mac? ]
                * create 'rawbuild' and rsync it as/when necessary
                  to 'build'
        On Linux
                * create 'build' as a set of symlinks (a-la-rawbuild)

        And then continue almost as normal ?

The point is to generate it sooner: it is now generated by download
which is generated by the build/autogen.sh. The idea here is to have a
simple process to build in rawbuild instead of build/libreoffice*

        We could do it as part of download I guess.

I'd like to be able to do "rm -rf build" and run make again, without
re-downloading stuff again (ideally stuff downloaded using different

        Right - hopefully the symlinks make that possible, without making it
dangerous. Having said that hopefully we could get used to using "make
clean" instead - which is the normal way for most autotools packages.

And of course I'd like to be the version for Mac that way as well as a
Linux version.

        I guess if macs have symlinks, this would work well too (?) though
clearly it would be even more ideal not to have symlinks - but to build
each module into a different OUTPATH, or just rely on 'make clean' to
cleanup the pieces in the tree.

        So - why should we not switch the default build to happen inside a
'rawbuild' like directory ?

        Thanks,

                Michael.