----- "Laurent Godard" <oooconv@free.fr> a écrit :

Hi

Is it intentional that if you open a read-only document (for
example
from a browser), then you can't edit it (can't delete sheets for
example), but the icon is still there and you can add new sheets?
:)

Well, I guess it's not consistent with OOo's behaviour regarding read-only files, but this
behaviour (i.e. limiting the actions you can perform on the file) has many drawbacks from a UX
point of view (I can elaborate on this point if it's not obvious  see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Camillem/aboutFramework#Read_Only_files_should_be_open_in_R.2FW_mode
 ).
 So, apparently, from a technical point of view, when you add a feature, you have to add extra code
to specify that the feature should not be accessible in ReadOnly mode. If that's the case, it would
be a good example of unnecessary additional complexity to the code and one more good reason to
change the behaviour to something simpler.

you always can "save as ..." under a new name after doing some
modifications.
[...]
just my opinion

Mine also ;-)