I'm making the SYS distro

ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/install/sys

I always made own .tgz packages of OO. The basical package always was without the english language parts, and additionally I made language packages. This worked and should be possible continuously on your fork (so that f.ex. german speaking persons
don't need to carry the english language parts).

I didnt like the slow development of OO.

I look forwards that this improves, with your fork.

The most important addition, to my opinion, would be to make the office program useable via a browser, i.e. running as a server on these machines where it's installed. Then very quickly people with W$ computers would use it without installation, and
stop to use M$ office.

A very important function what was never included, is an option to make a simple sorted reference-list of word - chapter:line of a whole document; it's incrivel that such a function dont exist. This function is important for make a word list of books, in which chapters:lines occurs a certain word (or ALL different words) WITHOUT to mark each word for be included in the index. When onewant to make a word-list of the bible, one don't want to have to mark all thousands of words before

The office program should work on KDE 3.5 too.

OO 3.3 had a problem not to work with the new version of gtk 2.21.7 and cairo-20100903 where gdk-pixbuf was separated, it crashed during the start (repeated steady-steady
a sensless document recover). This should be repaired.

Werner Landgraf
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru