On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 21:31 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Noel,

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 08:13 -0600, Noel Power wrote:
current ASSERT-like macro

      Ah - is there some easy cleanup task that we can spec up to switch lots
of obsolete assert macros to nice clean, new assert macros (or at least
consistent ones) ? :-) If so, can we have it in the wiki ?
I do think there is a task here but... part of the problem is what
ASSERT macros to use, I have to admit I don't know ) as it seems this is
part of a bigger problem around a whole slew of
debug/trace/logging/assert type utility macros. I just looked in the
code and I see there are at least 2 distinct versions. OSL_XXXX &
DBG_XXXXX e.g.

[ osl/diagnose.h ]
   OSL_ASSERT, OSL_ENSURE, OSL_PRECOND, OSL_POSTCOND, OSL_TRACE etc.
[ tools/debug.hxx ]
   DBG_ASSERT, DBG_BG_ASSERT, DBG_TRACE[1..N], DBG_WARNING etc.
and to make things even clearer in [ vos/diagnose.hxx ]
   VOS_ASSERT - ( defined basically as OSL_ASSERT )

haha and also in sw/inc/errhdl.hxx some yet another variant ASSERT,
ASSERT_ID

probably there are even more ?
IMO getting rid any additional macros other than DBG_XXXX & OSL_XXXX is
an idea. The OSL vs DBG I would guess is a bigger task ( possibly even
religous war ) and but ideally I guess is more about merging the
functionality from one to the other ( and ending up with just one )
Anybody have any idea or thoughts about that ?

              Michael.

regards,

Noel