[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Master element confusion in the UI in Impress
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Master element confusion in the UI in Impress
- From: Cor Nouws <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 12:53:25 +0200
- To: Regina Henschel <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibO Design <email@example.com>
Regina Henschel wrote on 03/06/2020 12:08:
> I am very dissatisfied with how the master elements (= header, footer,
> slide number, date/time) are treated in the UI of Impress.
I can imagine ;)
> To give myself an overview of both the correlations created by the file
> format and the problems I see, I have put it all together in one document.
> You can get the document from
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/SgKxw7b4QFJi6oP. Please tell
> me, if the link does not work for you.
It works. And thanks for sharing and writing that all down!
I do recognize quite some of the probs you describe, just because I have
learned to work around these :)
Suggestion: if you apply a different color/style to each of the elements
mentioned, it's easier to read for many (and for me ;) ).
> Perhaps one of you is interested in discussing what an improved UI might
> look like.
And I have a suggestion for that. Your write up represents problems in
various areas, I think:
A- UI for the user
B- Use of styles and limitations or imprefections there
C- handling of the elements in the ODF specs
D- possibly extending the specs to allow implementing new behavior
(I think of page numbering that skips hidden slides, but maybe that is
not related to limitations in the specs)
Is that correct?
The for handling these topics, it would be helpful to prepare a separate
description of the problems in these areas. (Of course with reference if
needed to the rest, but trying not to be bothered by these to much).
GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
- vrijwilliger https://nl.libreoffice.org
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org
- Member Board The Document Foundation
- marketing @CollaboraOffice
- ceo www.nouenoff.nl
- initiator www.mijncloudoffice.nl
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Master element confusion in the UI in Impress||Regina Henschel <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-design] Master element confusion in the UI in Impress||Regina Henschel <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2020-Jun-04
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Master element confusion in the UI in Impress
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Master element confusion in the UI in Impress
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Master element confusion in the UI in Impress