Hello everyone,

Do we have any news on this? I just wanted to know whether some decision
has been made wrt. the design that has/will be chosen?

I love the idea of shield, the proposition from K-J are very neat and
well designed. They are definitely looking modern.

Wrt. the proposition from Andreas about the text and the stars in the
shield or next to it, I think this is a good idea, a bit like were made
grades in the police forces (Gendarmerie in Belgium).

Just a side note though. This applies more to Mike who is in charge of
communication and public relations. A shield is often used as a
pictogram for firewall appliances. In France, for the piracy law called
Hadopi, a minister in charge of that instance made a public speech that
remained into all memories. [1] This is from where the meme "the
OpenOffice firewall" came to life. So that you know, be prepared to
these kind of jokes if we launch this idea of badges looking like shields.

From a marketing point of view, leveraging this comparison with the OO
firewall would be a good idea, at least for the French communication
channels. :) The LibreOfficeFR Twitter account has *at least* a tweet
per week joking about this speech.

[1] https://twitter.com/LibreOfficeFR/status/1136249333001707520

--
William Gathoye
Hyper<hack>tive volunteer for LibreOffice