[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] Re: Safe Mode Dialog; Was: UX meeting 2019-MAR-23 and 2019-AUG-14
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] Re: Safe Mode Dialog; Was: UX meeting 2019-MAR-23 and 2019-AUG-14
- From: Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 12:24:28 +0200
- To: LibO Design <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Heiko Tietze wrote on 5/22/19 4:25 PM:
>> * Rework of Safe Mode dialog +
>> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/Zj8nsETFTyPgeEB +
> Good to look at that! Some notes/questions with the proposal:
> - Good that there will be the possibility to make some combiations by choice
> in the dialog, I think.
> - Check User profile > Last working state has
> a conflicting result with some of the options at the Check Extensions
> - Same for heck User profile > Clear the entire ..
So we have to switch on the respective option above (and disable some other). A bit awkward.
> - text for some Extensions options considers knowledge of both user and
> application-wide extensions..
Samuel insisted in the differentiation between user and application.
> - "Backup user profile (be aware .." is missing context here
> - "Restore from file" is not clear to me
If you save a profile at a particular point in time you should be able to restore exactly this profile too.
> - What is the use of button Continue in a Safe Mode if there is
> Apply? - Is it clear that Cancel starts normal mode?
Continue does nothing (runs with a temp. disabled profile), apply and cancel restart the app with or without applying the options.
As you also commented at the Nextcloud document I replied there. I really like to go forward with this topic, so everyone please take a look.
Dr. Heiko Tietze, UX-Designer and UX-Mentor
Tel: +49 30 5557992-63 | Mail: email@example.com
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2019-Aug-14
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2019-Aug-14
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2019-Aug-14
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-AUG-22 (THU)