Hi Cor,

your examples are not completely correct: In the cases of Alt+F12 (tools -> options -> user data) and Ctrl+1 (cell formatting) Enter triggers the button that _has the focus_ - as it should do! Only Alt+Enter and Ctrl+Enter do close the dialog (also for Alt+F12, in contrast to your statement!), rgardless of which button has the focus. And the effect of using these is in fact the same as using OK. But in the case of the Basic Macro Organiser, tab Libraries, we do not know if Alt+Enter triggers the function of the default button, or if it triggers Close or Cancel, because we cannot see any effect like with OK. This too sparse evidence to see a pattern. And then you say yourself in one of your mails "Maybe it is not the default button, but the Close/OK button." , so even you seemed not to be sure when you answered Heiko, although the two examples you provided later seem to point to the default button. So your examples do not provide evidence for your feeling of "ultimate utter confusion". If you know of a dialog where Enter does not trigger the button that has the focus, then it will probably be an error and worth a filing a bug. But for a key shortcut to work like the default button I do not know: if the button has the focus, you don't need it, you have Enter then; and if it hasn't, you do not see what the default button is, you only may remember. And in most cases the default button is still active, because you changed only the data in the fields, this is at least the case for the examples you provided, even if I use the keyboard and not the mouse to arrive at the fields I want to change, so Enter is sufficient then. As a result, I for myself see no reason for introducing a general notion of a key shortcut for the default button

Greetings

Gerhard