[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Redesign the Language selection UI.
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Redesign the Language selection UI.
- From: Eike Rathke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 23:46:29 +0100
- To: email@example.com
On Friday, 2019-01-04 10:36:57 +0100, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> So my take is to provide autocomplete features with the dropdown (AFAIK it's
> called ComboBox then). Right now you click on the expander and have to
> scroll through the huge list.
That's not true. You can activate the list (by the expander) and then
type the start of the language name and as you type the selection moves
to matching entries. This with the old and the new widgets, there was
just a short time frame with the new widgets where the completion didn't
work. The old implementation had the advantage though that typing in the
edit field of the combobox also advanced to matching entries and
displayed them in the edit field, that seems to be gone.
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918 630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|[libreoffice-design] Redesign the Language selection UI.||jonathon <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Redesign the Language selection UI.||Heiko Tietze <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2019-Jan-09
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-Jan-17 (Thu)
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Redesign the Language selection UI.
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2019-Jan-09 (Wed)