[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] LibreOffice on Android - a different path?
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] LibreOffice on Android - a different path?
- From: Tim-L <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 23:54:56 -0500
- To: LibreO - Projects Global <email@example.com>, LibreO - Marketing Global <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibreO - Design list <email@example.com>
I am asking to all of these lists to give it a wider possible look.
I know there is a named port of LibreOffice 5.x.x onto Android via AndroPorts. They have AndroPorts:LibreOffice as one of the ported to their Linux desktop environment for Android.
They have the needed system to have others create ports of software that can play on their Android system.
SO, I am wondering if there is a way for the developing team[s] to work on a newer ported version than the 5.x.x version currently on Google Play store? The system is free, so that is one in their favor.
I did install it on a Fire HD 10 tablet which I installed the 4 needed APK files to use Google Play Store along with Amazon's Fire App Store.
I do not remember what "rabbit hole" I went down that showed the system to me.
I have installed AndroPorts and both the ports of LibreOffice and GIMP. For me, with a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse, it looks promising. I do not have a Bluetooth Mouse, so I could not fully test it out. This may be the needed push to buy one of these mice. I have several Bluetooth keyboards.
SO, it might be worth looking at this system. This will give LibreOffice and TDF control of the port of LibreOffice "Editing Suite" to a Android Platform. Then that could be used till a direct Android version of LibreOffice that will read/write/edit the supported files. I have to use AndrOpen Office to avoid using MS Office Suite packages like the official version of Word for Android. I really want to see LibreOffice take over the Android market, or at least as much as it can.
300 South Main St. Apt 10C5, Elmira New York, USA, 14904.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|Re: [libreoffice-design] LibreOffice on Android - a different path?||Pedro Rosmaninho <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2018-Nov-28
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] LibreOffice on Android - a different path?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2018-Nov-28
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] LibreOffice on Android - a different path?