[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Notebookbar out of Experimental
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Notebookbar out of Experimental
- From: Pedro Rosmaninho <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 16:49:46 +0000
- To: "kainz.a" <email@example.com>
- Cc: LibO Marketing <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, LibO Project <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Just as a side note. I've been using the Tabbedbar in 6.1 Fresh release
daily in my work on Windows 10.
None of those open issues are something that affect the functionality of
the Tabbed bar in daily use.
- The chart editing toolbar issue is expecially annoying but it is also
something that happens with the Standard Toolbars, since performing chart
editing also replace the Standard Toolbar by the Cart Editing toolbar. If
anything the Tabbedbar is *superior* in that regard because it remains
visible when the chart editing toolbar is present.
- As for MacOS glitches, I tried it on a MacOS VM and the issues are minor
aesthetic issues that do not impact its functionality. In fact, there are
far more serious glitches in LO on MacOS not related with the notebookbar
that warrant more attention.
So please lets move the Notebookbar out of experimental. The Groupedbars
and Tabbedbars are in great shape.
On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 4:43 PM Pedro Rosmaninho <email@example.com>
> Please, this would be amazing.
> On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 7:42 AM kainz.a <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I know the notebookbar implementation has bugs but it's under development
>> since around 4 years and on each release the news pages wrote about this
>> experimental feature.
>> I talked at Munich Hackfest about the big open bugs
>> - bad keyboard navigation
>> you can use F6 like in every other LibO app (F6 switch from Menubar to
>> Toolbar to NB to Sidebar), but it would be awesome if
>> svtlo-ManagedMenuButton will support keyboard shortcut focus if menubar is
>> hidden and also sfxlo-NotebookbarToolBox widgets which was used to add the
>> different uno commands didn't work with F6 -> tab
>> I hope to get some patches to fix this issue, you are welcome to help.
>> - chart didn't support NB
>> the chart bug (if you open an chart in writer you see the notebookbar and
>> the toolbar) can be fixed by add an NB to chart module (which I can do)
>> use this NB instead of the chart toolbar. But there is no progress in this
>> change cause chart if different from other modules.
>> - OS-X glitches
>> on OS-X there are several UI issues. I don't have an Mac so I can't say to
>> The biggest issue is that there is NO developer working on the NB stuff.
>> talk each release to bring NB out of experimental. As there is no real
>> progress (excluding the ui files) I recommend to bring some
>> (tabbed, groupedbar) ouf of experimental for 6.2. Than we get more user
>> feedback and maybe some new developers.
>> To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
>> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Notebookbar out of Experimental||Edoardo Maria Elidoro <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-design] Notebookbar out of Experimental||"kainz.a" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Notebookbar out of Experimental||Pedro Rosmaninho <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Notebookbar out of Experimental
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2018-Nov-07 (7pm UTC)
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Notebookbar out of Experimental
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Notebookbar out of Experimental