Hello Andreas,

Thanks for joining the discussion.

On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 10:56:56PM +0100, Andreas Mantke wrote:
FYI: because I felt this way of communication inside the project lacked
the necessary respect for the volunteer work done for about seven years
during spare time, I stopped my work for the project and the website
with immidiate effect. I was never included in any discussion about the
site before this thread (or better threat) was started. I think this is
a behavior that is not appropriate to an open source project that define
itself as open and transparent.

Im sorry that you feel that way. However, the Board and -- I am sure the
community too -- are deeply grateful for your work here; and as you've been a
member of the Board from the start, you were included in all discussions --
both internal and external -- about the struggle around that site though.

The Good Thing is, this thread did yield at least three volunteers from the
LibreOffice community wanting to help out with the extension website now that
they are aware: Maarten, Ilmari and Andreas Kainz. From what I heard, some have
tried to contact you on how to get involved or proceed, but unfortunately were
unable to succeed.

Thus the extensions and templates website is not maintained since three
weeks yet. I will only spend my spare time for tasks where I get in
return respectful treatment and honest feedback.

That is of course deeply unfortunate, but I thank you that you inform us about
this now. Checking back, I learned the TDF infrastructure team is already aware
of this, but still lacks some bits and pieces of how to operate the site - would
be great if you can share those with them, here or in private, so that that
handover can be closed.

Beyond the immdiate issues: Thank you for the time and the work you put in the
extension website over the all the years. For all the other stuff going on in
the project, we often lost sight of it being an important entrypoint to the
community and the ecosystem around LibreOffice.

Whatever the volunteers of the LibreOffice community come up with for the
future of hosting LibreOffice extensions, we would be happy to welcome you
back to that someday.

Best,

Bjoern