[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time
- Subject: [libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time
- From: Jan-Marek Glogowski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 12:35:37 +0000
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Am October 30, 2018 9:29:57 AM UTC schrieb Michael Meeks <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
>* Release Engineering update (Christian, Xisco)
> + 6.0.7 rc3 status
I was told yesterday that 6.0.7 final is already tagged and out. If not, I ask to include the fix for tdf#119020 "Icons are corrupted on Windows when scaling UI / OpenGL" https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/62686/
It's actually not Windows specific and the fix is simple IMHO.
I have two additional bugs / patches for icon handling, where I would like to get input. Would appreciate some input from design and marketing. /me hopes for not much bike-shedding, so I added some proposals, which are hopefully acceptable.
1. Change the icon scaling algorithm quality from ::Fast to ::Default or ::Best quality in https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=121082
* Proposal: just try ::BestQuality in 6.2 and eventually revert, if it turns out to be too slow?
* Is a slow first start acceptable, like comments in tdf#119020 suggest?
2. Deliver SVG icon sets
* SVG icons supported since 5.3, but we don't ship the icon sets
* Initial WIP patch: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/62706/
** See long commit message and additional comments
* Proposal for 6.2: ship extra SVG variants, so a user can select them manually but still switch to PNGs on problems?
** Defaults to pixelated PNG scaling, as status quo
* Current patch provides zips for the SVG directories and automates links.txt creation for them
** Should a user explicitly select SVG themes?
** Should SVG be the default, so we can get rid of the PNG icon sets, if SVGs exist?
** Or automatic fallback, when we need to scale, so we combine both types in a zip? Icon may change when scaling.
** Are the PNG variants actually pre-created from SVG?
** For OpenGL scaling is actually done in HW with shaders.
I won't make it to ESC today.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|[libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time||Tomaž Vajngerl <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2018-Oct-31
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2018-Oct-31
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Re: LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time