Hi Cor,

My impression is not that people in this discussion think that it will
be easy per see.

I got a bit different impression, and still see the extensive requirements doc (also the new one)
highly contrasting with what I read as the idea of ‘just start iterating from ask.libreoffice.org
<http://ask.libreoffice.org/>’ (I know, no-one said that as simply). Sure you can do your
bookkeeping in Writer, no need for Calc (or Base), but I just wonder if you should even considering
starting with Writer.

Since there are some advantages on Askbot, and the fact that boosting
the existing extensions site to a certain level somehow didn't work, we

I’d suggest we first start with ’somehow’, much of what is specced is already working to some
extend.

- Lack of integration with LibreOffice? -> Create an API on top of the current database and
integrate it with LibreOffice (another thing that I guess would be hard to realize with a
foundation based on Askbot)
- Lack of downloaders? ->
   - Maybe the site wasn’t looking professional enough?
   - Lack of discoverability, where to find a link to the extensions-site (Under “Discover?",
that’s where you start before you’ve downloaded LibreOffice, not when you’re using it)
   - Maybe the screenshots were too small to even get an idea of what they’re getting?
   - Maybe the focus on ’new’ instead of ‘popular' made people wary of the quality of what is on
offer?
   - Maybe the majority of the users don’t even care as much about extensions as much as we’d hope
they do, and users don’t expect to find templates there as well?
- Lack of contributors? -> All of the above + Maybe a function of the lack of downloaders? (no
reward in creating & maintaining stuff that is not being used as much as you’d hoped for?)
- Lack of moderators? -> All of the above?

I really doubt that OAuth or not has anything to do with it. Localisation, probably yes.

g.,

Maarten