Re: [libreoffice-design] Topic for design team to investigate: Content hosting consolidation on ask.libreoffice.org

Hi,

addendum:

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 02:14:36PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> For the community the decision should go with the team that gets the most
> content, interaction and users on their platform. I dont care if someone thinks
> the platform was not made for the task -- it there is a team that makes the
> experience awesome and grows content, users and interaction on it.

the caveat being that in general having more platforms is worse than having
one, as it splits the community and causes friction. So we shouldnt just let
everyone run with their proposal and then end up with five extension websites,
which are all badly maintained by too small teams.

But: For making that call, a team argueing "we can grow content, users accounts
and interactions with $foo" ~always trumps "I think platform $bar was
originally made for the task."

Best,

Bjoern