I clearly understand if there is no resource for keeping broken or non-functioning parts of the code then it is better to drop them.

I just wanted to emphasize that for many user, such minor and useless things really do count. So, if it is possible then it should be kept.

From the technical background, I don't know too much. If the only problem is that the Mozilla Foundation does not maintain the personas repository well or the way is changing how LO could get the content from there then it still would be beneficial to mirror a larger set of personas in an official LibreOffice persona repository, saying that
- the original source is Mozilla
- more personas can be downloaded from anywhere.

Replying the question of Pedro Rosmaninho "Who fixes it?": I am not sure how big the problem is. I don't even know who implemented the persona feature in LO but if _I_ was it and it wouldn't work anymore, I think I would do everything to fix it. Cutting my code out of LO is something I would never let. So, let's ask the original developer if he/she has time and resource to fix it then many LO users would be very grateful. Maybe it still can be saved. :)

Csongor