htietze wrote

But it's up to the community, which is first the design team. So more
opinions please.

Choosing a default Notebookbar mode is trivial--and I do not see too much of
a support issue across the modes--it is all .UI assemblage of .uno commands.
But there are holes and lingering issues to finishing up Notebookbar for
general use.

A major issue preventing Notebookbar from coming out of Experimental mode is
the complete and continuing  lack of a11y Accessible Event focus for all
elements in the Notebookbar UI--in any mode-- that is bug 107316. Listbox ,
dialogs  launched from the Notebookbar emit their event focus and are picked
up--but all controls in the .UI scheme are dead to a11y.

But also, what to do for the missing Tools -> Autocorrect controls.

Or bug 107343 for a shortcut for toggling of  the legacy "Menubar".
Presently there is no shortcut implemented (F10 being the preferred) and the
toggle from GUI  gets stuck. As a result UI can end up trapped in a
Notebookbar mode unable to switch modes or the access the Menubar: View ->
Toolbar Layout to change mode.  End up  trapped (and have to clear profile
to recover).

Aside from those issues, as to choosing a default in Writer I actually like
the Compact Tabbed mode--when legacy Menubar is not trapped in the view
"False" state--as this mode  gives the simplicity of GUI we wanted--while
toggle exposing the legacy Menubar has all needed functions. Contextual
Single mode is also appealing--but likewise troublesome if you loose the
legacy Menubar. But those are both only in Writer.

Andreas' work on the Groupedbar for Writer and the other modules is also
good because of its extent, but also its distance from MS work on the Ribbon
interface.

But again I don't think it makes too much difference--just pick a "default"
for when Notebookbar is enabled. As Andreas notes:

In the end the main question is how we guarantee that new features get
implemented in the different implementations.

--
Sent from: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Design-f1935996.html