On 01.06.2017 22:06, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos wrote:
https://discourse.opensourcedesign.net/t/branding-libreoffice-6-0/175/7

Great, thanks for the link. Yes, I can see why that person is
concerned, but IMHO it’s worth it to try to find a more mature,
polished, usable motif than what we currently have, and maintain it
for more than one release to avoid “diluting the brand”—in particular
because our brand assets (icons, motif and colors) were created
originally back in 2010–11 when it was still thought that
“LibreOffice” would be a temporary brand, so they were never meant to
be so enduring as they have been… Personally at least, I’d be very
glad to move away from our current motif, and the brand colors as
well, while we are about it. For some time we had a prettier “Olive
Green” color, but we abandoned it…

Apparently, there is not much interest in that topic. I sent out four or five messages on the
mailing lists, wrote a blog post and filed a job request on OSD just to end up with a self-made
proposal and some ideas from a friend. We do not have an ad hoc concept for the major release nor
anything to draw focus on. That leads to a trivial design like what we have today. Given we hire a
designer what should she do? Creativity does not come out of the blue. Plus, there is likely no
budget. And personally I think we shouldn't spent donation money for those short-term pieces. Would
be different if it was for 10 years or more.
On the other hand we have the original design, which is nice and was never challenged. Don't
remember why the major release should receive a unique branding at all. That's why I support the
idea to go back. But we do open source and it's up to the community to decide with what design to
continue.