Re: [libreoffice-design] Chart Colors

Just for completeness, I'm opposed to the idea of a separate palette, at least as a quick and simple solution. We changed the color palettes recently to clean up the various unorganized collections from the past. Users should pick the color in 90% from a standard set and select in rare cases other palettes. For example, when creating a document for the web it would be the html palette. Having a standard palette for the daily work in parallel with a chart palette requires to switch often between them. Of course it would be nice to switch the appearance of a chart by just selecting another palette. But that requires a lot of code changes as the chart colors are hard-coded. The only advantage of the chart palette today is that users can find the color directly (after switching to it). My approach was to change the hard-coded colors a bit, similar to tdf#107731, so that we have it in the standard palette (https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/37819/). It is also suggestion #2 in the Bugzilla ticket.

Cheers,
Heiko