Hi All,

We were discussing the issue of the current chart colors no longer being
part of our new default palettes (tdf#106534) in the telegram group and
kendy suggested we

1. have a separate chart palette
2. update our current colors by reaching out to the community for
contributions (e.g. from graphics designers)

I think both ideas are good, as with a separate chart palette we could
include the old palette, a new default palette, as well as we multiple
separate chart palettes from various sources, which users could easily pick
from and hopefully we could use in the future when palette presets are
added to the chart wizard dialog.

So i've created a google drive folder for submissions[1] and interested
submitters can use this calc file[2] as the basis of their submissions by
colorizing the existing chart. I've already submitted two versions of a
possible libreoffice palette-based chart palette and andreas will be
submitting a breeze palette-based chart palette. The folder also has images
of the default chart palettes used in Excel and Quattro Pro.

[1]
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6qJrVIa0SAlcm1PdFVnWVd3Rms?usp=sharing
[2]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6qJrVIa0SAldEhGa0VGRVJETTA/view?usp=sharing

Interested individuals can email me their submissions and i'll add it to
the folder for a first round of suggestions and hopefully we can then reach
out to the wider community for more suggestions.

Yousuf Philips