Hi Francisco,

Francisco Adrián Sánchez píše v Ne 14. 02. 2016 v 14:19 -0300:

Please, reconsider the use of Carlito as a *default* font. It has serious
design issues which came with the "modification" of the original font,
Lato, from which Carlito takes its symbols.

For example, Carlitos "eight" character is taller than the rest, making
documents look weird:

http://6g6.eu/sih0-carloto-vs-lato-3.png

This is because the symbol it self is taller, and it isn't a hinting
problem. This is a comparison of "O", "zero" and "eight" characters made
with FontForge:

http://6g6.eu/sih0-carloto-vs-lato-2.png

On the other hand, I haven't found any flaw in Caladea's design. However,
Caladea has a smaller symbol base than Cambria. Thus, we would be
*discriminating* Greek and Cyrillic-writer people.

Thus, unless Carlito's design is revised and corrected, and Caladea's
symbol base is completed, IMHO those typefaces shouldn't be the _default_
typefaces in LibreOffice documents.

These are good points; luckily these sound like fixable problems :-)

Can you please collect the problems more precisely - which exact
characters (or character ranges) are missing, what characters have
design problems, etc.

Also if you can double-check the metrics compatibility with the C* fonts
(like if the pair kerning is really the same etc.)  [I believe they
really are, but in case there are some corner cases, or anything.]

Based on that, I'd ask the TDF Board to consider a tender to fix such
Carlito and Caladea issues; I hope it might fit the 2016 UX budget.

Thank you for your help!

All the best,
Kendy